Start of new path
The upper path
All the work of our volunteers, with help from the Powys Footpath Volunteers also, produced this wonderful new access to the Castle mound.
We put in about 400 man-(and woman)-hours , made 106 steps, and put 6 benches for the weary.
Come and explore as far as you feel able and enjoy the amazing views.
Is your school or community group looking for
a new local GREEN adventure with a difference?
- Come and climb to the summit of Knucklas Castle Mound.
- Learn more about the Knucklas Castle Community Project.
- Visit the growing Community Orchard.
- See the innovative growing methods at the Community Allotments
- Find the bird and bat boxes and discover the plant life of meadow and woodland.
Is your school group looking to experience ‘learning’ in the great green outdoors?
Is your community group eager to have a good look around the Knucklas Project?
For those interested in our Outreach Programme, we have several entertaining speakers and also a powerpoint presentation available.
For all enquiries, or if you wish to visit the project, please contact our Secretary:
1, Heyope Road,
Powys. LD7 1PT
Tel: 01547 520 266
Round Wales Coast Walk 2010
Continue reading →